Monday, April 9, 2012

Proverbs 22:6 and Matthew 11:28

Most of you that really know me know that I am a nervous/worrisome person. Today seemed to be a normal day without reason for worry yet I had a lot of nervousness inside. Probably all hormonal since there really isn't something I can pinpoint my anxiety to but it was there. So, it was wonderful when I was reading my devotional tonight(hours after my anxiety height) that dealt with the things I worry the most about on a daily basis. I worry the most with being the best spouse and parent. I worry with rushing life so fast that I miss out on all of these special days I have with my family. I mentally take a moment each day to absorb all the good and bad of that day. I do a great job of being grateful for my life and I try to humble myself before the Lord for the blessings He has provided. Yet, I still find myself panicking that I won't be as good as I need to be. I am sure most of us are this way but in the end I know I am too hard on myself. And I have realized this more this pregnancy because I have weekly nightmares. They are not just nightmares. They are horrific and usually send me yelling or almost in tears. The depth of the nightmares are so intense yet the reason seems so clear. (I do not believe dreams tell the future. Instead I believe they remind you of the true and deep and inner thoughts that you as a person had that day- knowingly or not) So, this devotional I read today was just about the worries I have as a wife and mother. Here are the scriptures used in that devotion:

Proverbs 22:6, “Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.” (NLT)

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (NIV)

Now I know I can rest assured in the words of our Father, but sometimes as a sinful human I need reminders. Thank you Lord, for reminding me to turn to You for all of my worries and reminding me that You will guide me in the right path. AMEN!

No comments: