Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Need Suggestions Desperately

I am very grateful for the life that I have. I don't want to seem like I am complaining at all but there are things to complain about. I think we all always have something we can complain about so here I go. The boys are fabulous but they are obsessed with their pacifiers and I can't get a hand on them. I have night help and I don't know what I would do without it because when I do have them on my own I am up 6-7 times a night dealing with the passy. The daytime is just as bad but I am awake and have help there too so its not as bad. I have changed and tried every passy. The best ones for these guys are the Binky pacifiers. They love them and can hold them in better. I am placing them on their bellies at night now and have been doing so during the day for a while. I would love to start sleep training them to sleep through the night because they only eat once but I can't begin to do that if they cry for their passy all night. I tried to "take it away" a month ago but I think that was too soon because they screamed for an hour and wouldn't let up so I caved. We go back to Dr. Carter on June 17th so I am going to ask him for suggestions but he was the one who suggested we take it away. Guess I could try that again but I am not sure I can let them cry for an hour or more again. Please help me if anyone has a suggestion email me(heidislocumb@hotmail.com). Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

hang in there girl, I have no advice but to just tough it out and they'll grow out of it. In a short while they'll start to grab them with their hands and put them back themselves. All 3 of my kids have been major paci lovers and no amount of sleep training/taking them away will change that. *hug* It DOES get better! hang in there